Saturday 3 August 2013

It's Only A Paper Moon...and other stories...

"Why Girls Go Wild" conventional collage
Ah....a day out with friends! You feel like you're over the Moon....

And for many the day was captured with a dreamy, Moon inspired photo postcard.

I wondered what brought the women to the photo studio to have their day on the Moon. Their clothes suggest the early 1900's. Are they friends, family? Many people do walk in and out of our lives...were they friends forever? Did they leave a mark on each others hearts? Did they believe in each other?

The collage is a conventional work on heavy card stock. I used handmade and art paper, found objects, postage stamps, ephemera from magazines and books, and of course the paper moon photo.

I couldn't help singing the popular 1930's song while I worked: "It's only a paper moon...hanging over a cardboard sea...but it wouldn't be make believe if you believed in me."

My Romantic heart wants to believe they did.