Sunday 26 June 2016

Shall I Tell You About My Life...

Man of the World - Conventional/Digital Collage
"Shall I tell you about my life
They say I'm a man of the world..."
Peter Green 


How do you share your deepest feelings? Do you ever use your Art to tell someone about your Life?

June's Lunagirl Moonbeam challenge is all about Fathers and Brothers. As with all Lunagirl Collage Sheets, sometimes it is difficult to settle on just one image. But for me, the J. C. Leyendecker image from the "SharpDressed Man" sheet whisked me away on my journey. It was easy finding just the perfect complimenting backdrop...the Lunagirl Maps Sheet. I loved the look of the map...like an open book.

Who could this man be? What was he reading? Why does he look so serious? Could he be planning a great adventure or contemplating voyages of the past?

Working on the piece my thoughts were drawn to an early Fleetwood Mac tune, written by Peter Green in 1969. A melancholy song, it is about a man who has everything he desires except the true love of a partner. At the time, Peter was fighting his own demons. And, as is the case with many artists, he let us witness a glimpse of his struggle by opening his heart through his work.

Supporting the digital aspect of the collage is a selection of stencilled conventional elements from my collection. As it is an introspective piece I added the Moon...the symbol of the soul, the capacity for reflection and renewal and the cadence of time.

Do you ever open your Book of Life sharing with us your voyages of the soul? Does your Art allow us a fleeting glimpse of your world?