A close friend has been attending an annual women’s retreat for the last twenty-five years. For her, it is a time to reflect and rejuvenate. As they have the numerous opportunities to meditate throughout the weekend, I wanted to give her something special to take along the next time she attends.
I started the project by spraying repositionable adhesive on to a piece of poster board. When sufficiently tacky, I carefully unrolled the scarf. I have found that this is a great method of keeping fabric in position, allowing you to work without worry.
My friend is crazy about colour...appreciating it in everything from rows of yarn in a shop to the dancing dispersion of light through a prism. Keeping this in mind, once each colour dried I stencilled the Halftone Dots with abandon in an array of acrylic colours moving from cool purples to fiery scarlets and every shade in-between. Adding sparkle and magic I sponged on gold and bronze dots down the length of the scarf.
While creating the scarf, the Chakras allowed my senses to experience the beauty of serenity and peace. This is the gift I wish to offer my friend…even just for today.
- ARTISTCELLAR STENCILS: CHAKRA POCKET STENCILS, HALFTONE DOTS
- DYLUSION PAINT: Squeezed Orange, London Blue, Vibrant Turquoise, Fresh Lime, Bubble Gum Pink
- DINA WAKLEY: Lapis, Evergreen, Lemon, Ruby, Ocean, Cheddar, Blushing
- PLAID: Champagne, Sahara Gold, Perfect Purple, Plum, Amethyst, Violet Pansy, Blue Sapphire, Blue Pearl, Sunflower, Bright Red, Bright Orange, Rose
- DECO ART: Blue Sky, Blue Harbour, Berry, Teal, Emerald, Sea Glass, Peridot, Lemon, Sunny Day, Splendid Gold, Emperor’s Gold, Rose Gold
- REEVES: Bronze, Gold
- NATURAL SPONGE
- WHITE POSTER BOARD
- REPOSITIONAL ADHESIVE SPRAY
- WHITE 100% SILK SCARF – 8” X 54”