Tuesday 16 April 2013

My Tea with Agatha

My Tea With Agatha
Keeping on a Food Theme...I am an insatiable reader. I usually have at least two or three books going at the same time. I normally read non-fiction...but I do love the twists and turns of an Agatha Christie story. My Mom is a great mystery reader and she introduced me to Agatha and her ingenious plots.

For many years I lived in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England. Agatha went missing in December 1926. A manhunt ensued and she was discovered at the Swan Hydropathic Hotel registered under the name of Mrs. Teresa Neele. The Old Swan, as it is now called, was an easy walk from my house. I would stop there or at the Royals Baths, or Betty's for tea.

I loved using the photo of Agatha as a young girl. With her faraway expression, was she  searching for her own Muse? She did inspire me.

My collage again has canvas as the substrate. Included are a photo of a young Agatha Christie, tea stained cloth, dictionary pages, handmade and found papers, and....tea bag tags. There's even a Taylor's Tea tag...a right old Harrogate tea...and a company I had the pleasure doing business with when I was a commercial screen printer.