Sunday 12 May 2013

Winter...and "The Four Seasons Suite"

The Four Seasons Suite: Winter
Part of "The Four Seasons Suite" is Winter. 

I used a 5" x 7" canvas as the substrate. The handmade papers were altered using acrylic paint, alcohol, water, Ranger inks, and Perfect Pearls Mist. At the woman's eye level I attached a piece of metallic copper Polyester Organza fabric. Red Mulberry paper completes the top portion of the design.

Again, I found the image of the woman and the holly leaves in a Dover Publications book. My love of Victoriana finds a home with their large selection of art.

I love the quote by poet Edith Sitwell:

"Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home."

The colours, the florals, the expectant look on the woman's face all say "Home"...and "Winter" to me.