Friday 5 February 2016

The Mystery & Magic That Surrounds You!

#2016artjourney
I Know Your Secrets - Digital Collage
Clandestine. Surreptitious. Hush-hush. Cloak-and-dagger. Mysterious. Secret. The words...and the feeling connected with them... encircled me when looking through the Gecko Galz Pretty Portraits collage sheets.

There she was. Right in the middle of the sheet...the beautiful woman in a turban.

Who could she be? I imagined she was a magician's "lovely assistant". I adore the art of magic. The oddities are so wondrous they draw you into a web of mystery. Sleight of hand to palatial stage shows, I am totally intrigued. And to me, the world of magic and mystery is summed up in one name: Houdini. Harry created his own reality which he shared with his audiences. He was a seeker, always looking for the next illusion, the next sensational escape.

The central image of my digital work is from the Gecko Galz Pretty Portraits collage sheet. The starry background is from their Moonbeams 2 sheet. The image of the Moon is from my collection.

Just like an illusionist, we all have our own unique magic surrounding us.  As artists, we too are seekers, escaping to our world filled with sensational wonders. And all we need to get there is the help of our lovely assistant called Creativity.