"Art is making something out of nothing and selling it." - Frank Zappa
I have been working on a series of Prayer Flags using the Artistcellar Tibet Series for inspiration. They are on on exhibit at WITF-TV, our local PBS channel in Harrisburg, PA. This is my second set. The first sold at an exhibition last year. Although the new set is in the spirit of the old, I found my colour choices and positions of the stencils were evolving. As you use your Artistcellar stencils you too will discover how they inspire your work. When masking a stencil here or there, you can change the feel of your design, always creating something fresh and new.
When I was finished stenciling my flag, I transferred the paint to the paper. The tissue took the acrylics well and soon I had two gorgeous paint covered sheets. But this is just the beginning. The paper will be a central part of a project I will write about in the coming weeks.
I suppose Frank Zappa was right. As artists we can make something from nothing. And here’s hoping you have future sales to boot!
- ARTISTCELLAR STENCILS: QUASICRYSTALS SERIES STENCILS, TRADITIONAL JAPANESE SERIES, HALFTONE DOTS, PLAYFUL PODS, SEAFOAM, TIBET SERIES, ARABIAN NIGHTS
- HANDCUT DIAMOND STENCIL
- PLAID ACRYLICS: Sunflower, Inca Gold
- DECOART: Sunny Day, Blue Harbor, Sea Glass, Desert Turquoise
- DYLUSIONS PAINT: Vibrant Turquoise, Cut Grass, Fresh Lime, London Blue, Crushed Grape, Squeezed Orange, Bubblegum Pink, Postbox Red
- DYLUSIONS INK SPRAY: Bubblegum Pink
- DINA WAKLEY ACRYLICS: Blushing
- REEVES: Bronze, Gold
- NATURAL SPONGE
- PAINTER’S TAPE
- TISSUE PAPER